[rrd-users] strange peaks

Dez Cadena dez at otenet.gr
Thu Sep 2 12:04:44 MEST 2004

Hello all,

I've been using MRTG for a long time and about a year ago I've switched to MRTG with RRDTool.
Actually, I've kept my original MRTG setup and I've installed a new version with RRDTool,
polling the same targets.

The problem is that I see some strange peaks (in the MAX in or MAX out values) in the
MRTG/RRDTool implementation. The shape of the peaks is similar but they're a bit "exaggerated"
in the MRTG/RRDtool implementation. This means that I get peaks that are way over the
link capacity (4000% of the link capacity for example).
Has anybody experienced anything similar? Any ideas?

p.s : sorry for the cross-posting