[rrd-users] Re: Blocky graphs

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Fri Sep 10 01:33:27 MEST 2004

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 11:27:16AM +0200, Stefan Coetzee wrote:

You already know you need to specify the RRAs just once.

> rrdtool create /etc/mrtg/mem.extrelay.rrd --start 1093444300  --step 300 \
> RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:12:24

means: 12 intervals of 300 seconds form one entry in this RRA.  Keep 24 of
them.

300*12 = 3600 seconds.  This RRA can only be used to display one hour.  That
may be a bit too small.

> RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:288:31

288*300 = 86400 seconds, which is 24 hours.  Each row will be 24 hours.

288*300*31 = 31 * 24 hours

This RRA will be used when you plot more than one hour.  Each row is 24 hours
so that's the resolution you're going to get.

> I'm wanting to graph averages for hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and yearly,
> like MRTG used to do.
> What am I doing wrong?

Uh... you didn't read the tutorial, or you copied the example in a strange way?

--
You want an answer?  You'd better follow the following guidelines!
Linesize well below 80 chars. Reply to the list, not to me. Trim