[rrd-users] Re: Specification of RRA Boundaries

Richard Nelson richard.nelson at optusnet.com.au
Fri Sep 10 11:43:18 MEST 2004

Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:

>>-s 60 DS:players:GAUGE:600:0:U RRA:MAX:0.9:1440:32
>>

>1440 times one minute ("--step 60") is indeed 24 hours.  That is n*86400.
>You are asking RRDtool to do things at 00:00 UTC.  You want something
>else so you should ask RRDtool to do something else. Try RRA:MAX:0.9:60:768
>
>Alex

Thanks for the reply Alex. Apologies for the lines and if I wasn't specific
enough. Isn't that going to give me values every hour? I want the maximum
value given for each day, and only a day. So, I do indeed want something
else, but I don't *think* that's what I want either. Is there a way I can
ask it to do things only at 00:00 EST? For this task, I pretty much only
want a graph which has blocks of width one day. Numbers on top of the
blocks would be nice too ;)

Richard