[rrd-users] Re: 95th Percentile - Values stored inside RRD file

Hwee Khoon, Neo hweekhoon.neo at pacific.net.sg
Thu Apr 7 03:28:34 MEST 2005

Hi Serge,

I have 1 more question on the rrggraph.

I've create the rrd file using the below options:

	my @rrdoptions = (
		"-s 300",					#accept 1 value every 5 minutes

		"DS:ioct:COUNTER:600:0:U",	#input traffic datasource
		"DS:ooct:COUNTER:600:0:U",	#output traffic datasource
		"RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:28800"
	);

Inside my rrdgraph, I tried to print out the last value by using the
parameter:

		"AREA:inbits#00FF00:IN",
		"GPRINT:inbits:LAST:(Current In = %2.01lf %sb/s)",

I notice that long after I have stop polling the interface, the "Current In"
value is still a number (instead of nan).

Is this due to the fact that I did not create the rrd file with
"RRA:LAST...."? But would'nt the rrdgraph know that the last value is simply
the last value inside it's database?

Thanks.

HK