[rrd-users] IEEE math on PPC

learnrrd tool learnrrd at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 20:57:26 MEST 2005

Hi,

I am using a PPC board and I am trying to compile rrdtool-1.2.11 for
it. When I run configure, this is the error I get:

checking for isinf... yes
checking if IEEE math works out of the box... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -ieee switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -qfloat=nofold switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -w -qflttrap=enable:zerodivide... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -mieee switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -q float=rndsngl switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -OPT:IEEE_NaN_inf=ON switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with the -OPT:IEEE_comparisons=ON switch... no
checking if IEEE math works with fpsetmask(0)... no
checking if IEEE math works with signal(SIGFPE,SIG_IGN)... no
configure: error:
Your Compiler does not do propper IEEE math ... Please find out how to
make IEEE math work with your compiler and let me know (oetiker at ee.ethz.ch).
Check config.log to see what went wrong ...

What does this error mean? Where can I check if IEEE math is indeed
supported on PPC ? Is it the kernel / Compiler ? Could you point out
any specific header / .config files I can check to verify if IEEE math
is supported well on PPC.

Thanks!