[rrd-users] remove peaks

Georges Toth georges at norm.lu
Wed Aug 17 16:20:07 MEST 2005

Hi,

I got a problem with my rrd's.
They get updated every 5min, with a specific value.
That value gets incremented til the end of the month, and then gets reset.
The data is a traffic counter.

So far so good.
The problem now is that I get unusual high peaks when that reset occurs.

If I only had one rrd, I could easily filter those peaks (with setting those
peaks to UNKN).
But as I got many rrd's, where the data, and as such those high peaks, are
very different from each other, I have no clue how I possibly could filter
peaks from all of my rrd's.

Another problem is that if I got nearly no traffic, the peak is at a value
which might be reasonable. So if I filter the peak, and such traffic suddenly
occurs, I filter the traffic as well.

I doubt there is a solution for one of either problems.
But I thought I'd ask anyway :-)

Thnx for any comments

--
regards,