[rrd-users] Re: y-axis: how to get upper-limit at the top

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Tue Dec 6 19:05:07 MET 2005

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 11:29:15AM -0500, Ruttenberg, Tanya wrote:

> The one thing is that other than min and max, there are no labels:
>
>  255 --------------------------------------
>      |                                    |
>      |                                    |
>  0   --------------------------------------
>
> I know I originally said I didn't care what other labels were on the Y axis,
> but looking at it now, I think that is not true. Any way to make other
> labels show up?

Well, to be honest I expected something else.  The manual page
talks about how --y-grid 51:5 should result in 5 steps of 51 each.
You seem to have "--y-grid 255:1" (I'm not saying you have, it just
seems that way).

In other words, I expected 0,51,102,153,204,255

Try playing a bit with the graph height.  If that doesn't work, I don't
know what else to try.

When I said "you may get lucky", of course it could also mean you may not ...

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/