[rrd-users] error trying to convert mrtg to use rrtdtool

John Oesterle john.oesterle at lamphost.net
Wed Dec 21 21:06:11 MET 2005

Hi all...
I have been playing with rrdtool for a week now. I went threw the
tutorial and the overview. I understand how it works and what it can do
for me.  I currently have a working and in production MRTG installation
(that I use to get SNMP information).

I have followed the HowTo on the mrtg website to integrate RRdtool into
MRTG.  I have tried everything I can think of (even googled the error I
keep getting) but when it should be changing the logs into rrd files it
tells me that I dont have rrd files... I thought mrtg would create the
rrds on the fly.

 Error:  /usr/bin/mrtg /etc/mrtg/rrdconfig.cfg

*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x0804a050 ***
ERROR: Cannot update
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/mrtg/localhost.loadavg.rrd with
'1135192155:11:8' opening
'/var/www/localhost/htdocs/mrtg/localhost.loadavg.rrd': No such file or
directory
ERROR: Cannot 'last'
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/mrtg/localhost.loadavg.rrd: opening
'/var/www/localhost/htdocs/mrtg/localhost.loadavg.rrd': No such file or
directory
Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /usr/bin/mrtg line 684.
Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /usr/bin/mrtg line 684.
ERROR: Cannot 'fetch'
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/mrtg/localhost.loadavg.rrd: start time:
unparsable time:

MRTG config File: /etc/mrtg/rrdconfig.cfg

WorkDir: /var/www/localhost/htdocs/mrtg
LoadMIBs: /usr/share/snmp/mibs/UCD-SNMP-MIB.txt
PathAdd: /usr/bin/
LibAdd: /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.6/i686-linux/
LogFormat: rrdtool
include: /etc/mrtg/loadavg.cfg

MRTG load avg cfg File: /etc/mrtg/loadavg.cfg

Target[localhost.loadavg]: laLoadInt.1&laLoadInt.3:snmp_localhost at localhost
MaxBytes[localhost.loadavg]: 2000
Title[localhost.loadavg]: load average
PageTop[localhost.loadavg]:<h1>Load Average</h1>
YLegend[localhost.loadavg]: Load Average
ShortLegend[localhost.loadavg]: &nbsp;
Legend1[localhost.loadavg]: Load average 1 min
Legend2[localhost.loadavg]: Load average 15 min
LegendI[localhost.loadavg]: &nbsp;1min load avg
LegendO[localhost.loadavg]: &nbsp;15min load avg
Options[localhost.loadavg]: nopercent,growright,noinfo,gauge