[rrd-users] Problem with comment in RRDtool 1.2

Michiel Timmers michiel.timmers at gmx.net
Fri Dec 30 14:40:33 MET 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to get the time that the graph has created with "comment", I'm
using:

$time = localtime(time);
"COMMENT:Generated on: $time\\r";

it gives something like: "Generated on: Fri Dec 30 14:30:09"

That works perfect on the old rrdtool but now I'm using rrdtool 1.2 and now
it stops working.
I have seen that in version 1.2 that you have to add a backslash to colons,
so theres my problem.

Is there a easy and good way the create the date and time as comment in
1.2?? I have used to search but did't find anything.

Thanks
Michiel