[rrd-users] Re: Build problem with rrdtool-1.0.49 on AMD64

Sivakumar Ramagopal ramagopa at etek.chalmers.se
Sun Jan 2 12:29:54 MET 2005

I guess this is a problem specific to AMD64 architecture and should go
away after compiling the relevant sources with -fPIC. The difficulty is
finding out which of the files need to be compiled with -fPIC (maybe all,
I am not sure at this point) and working through the makefiles. I gave it
a try, but all the -fPIC get changed to -fpic mysteriously  :(  and I
suspect its some sed at work.

I'd greatly appreciate any tips in this matter.

Shiva