[rrd-users] Converting rrd files from one system to another

James B Horwath JamesHorwath at glic.com
Thu Jan 20 14:04:56 MET 2005

I am using rrtool 1.0.45 on Solaris 9 for mrtg and CPU stats via
routers2.cgi.  I need to convert the files to an AIX system 5.2 ML4
running rrdtool 1.0.49.  I searched the archives for hints and looked at
the documentation for using xport but I cna't get it right.  For every
.rrd file I have to I have to specify start and stop times for everything
in it.   I was hoping I could write a simple shell loop to dump
everything:
for x in `ls *.rrd`
do
rrdtool xport ${x} > ${x}_xport
done
However trying to dump a file without including command line arguments
gets me an error.  I'm not sure what command line arguments I need.  Can
someone point me to an example on the line of "rrdtool conversion for
dummies." :)

Thanks in advance,
Jim

Jim Horwath
GCUX
Unix Admin
JamesHorwath at glic.com

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that is
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, copying, or
communication of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by return
e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.