[rrd-users] Re: Data granularity

Tolga Yalcinkaya tolga at allesta.com
Thu Jan 20 20:34:05 MET 2005

Serge,

Thanks for your response and detailed explanation.  I really appreciate
that.

I have been experimenting with different settings.  Below is an example:

	rrdtool create resp.rrd --step 5 \
	DS:resp:GAUGE:10:0:U \
	RRA:AVERAGE:0.999:1:1000

If I do single data point update using:

	rrdtool update resp.rrd 1106249083:45

and *not* post any update for a while ( > 10 seconds ), the RRD fetch
command shows that the AVERAGE CF has the following value:
	1106249083: nan

Why do I have a NaN?  Shouldn't I have "4.5000000000e+01" instead?  Is
there a way to retain the value entered for that step?

Thanks,

Tolga.

Tolga Yalcinkaya