[rrd-users] Re: A doubt on RRD database

McCann, Brian bmccann at andmore.com
Wed Jan 26 15:53:23 MET 2005

	If I may add, this is why it helps to know how you are going to
want to analyze the data up-front.  For example, we have several RRAs,
holding various size samples for periods of 8 hours, 28 hours, 8 days,
35 days, and 380 some days.  This way, we can get a fairly good estimate
for any data period we would like, up to a year ago.  It took some
tuning to get this to work right, and it wasn't magic..and in fact quite
a few of our RRAs are still giving some horrible averages, but we're
patiently working through them.  It just requires a lot of time, logic,
and staring at examples. :)

--Brian