[rrd-users] Re: Graph off by one hour problem

Leonard Mills Leonard_Mills at corpnet.sel.sony.com
Thu Jan 27 00:46:34 MET 2005

Lance wrote:

>I just realized that doesn't make sense.  Eastern/New York timezone
>(EST5EDT) is currently in "standard time" so we should be properly synched
>up with the rest of the world, or am I missing something else...

When you set up the rras in rrd, I'll bet you set them up
during EDT.  The round-robin won't change _it's_ offsets
from the epoch just because your local time changed.  And
moving from EDT to EST _does_ change the offset from the
epoch on your local system (but not for the RRD database).
Remember, the epoch was at 00:00:00 UTC.

Hope this helps,

Len