[rrd-users] Re: graphing question

Chris Wilson chris at aidworld.org
Tue Jul 26 14:17:47 MEST 2005

Hello Per,

> > I'm measuring temperature at regular intervals all day.  Graphing that is of course easy
> > - but I'd also like to see a graph over e.g. 30days or longer indicating how many hours
> > per day the temperature was above 24C.  (or some other arbitrary number).  How do I go
> > about that?
>
> No suggestions for the above?  I know I could probably set up another datasource and then
> count the number of hours above >24C per day myself, but when the info is already in the
> database, I'd rather just fetch it out of there.

I'm just an RRD beginner, but you could probably calculate and sum the
number of hours over a certain time with an RPN expression and then
graph that.

I don't know the syntax, but something like "temperature 24 > 1 0 if
sum" might do it. (equivalent to SUM(IF(temperature > 24,1,0)) in a
bracketed meta-language).

Cheers, Chris.
--
(aidworld) chris wilson | chief engineer (chris at aidworld.org)