[rrd-users] Re: rrdupdate with UNKNOWN and 0 value

Salvatore D. Tepedino rrdtool at tepedino.org
Wed Jul 27 01:41:43 MEST 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 00:33 +0200, Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> Yesterday Salvatore D. Tepedino wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 23:32 +0200, Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> > > Since N: ist the curren time, this seems to be bad for reproducing
> > > anything ...
> > >
> > > please try creating a demo script using absolute time including an
> > > absolute --start time when creating the rrd file ...
> >
> > I'm not sure what you're suggesting here. Normally, I create a rrd DB
> > without specifying a start time (doesn't it default to now?) then
> > updates after this would be inserted at the current time (N). Why should
> > that cause a unknown value to be stored as 0?
>
> it does not cause it, but if I am going to look at the problem I
> need a reproducible example, and that must not have any things in
> it that change whenever one tries the example ...

Ah, sorry. I misunderstood. I'm trying to get it to be reproducible now.
Manually inputting data at specified times didn't seem to work, so right
now I've made a copy of all my scripts and am going to let them run as
they did before and see if it happens again. If so, I'll work from that
to try to make it so you can reproduce it easier.

--
Salvatore D. Tepedino <rrdtool at tepedino.org>