[rrd-users] Encoding problem in 1.2.9

David J Andersson david.andersson at port80.se
Sun Jun 12 23:56:34 MEST 2005

Hello!

I have a problem with the new rrdtool 1.2.9. Until about a week ago when
I upgraded from 1.2.8 to 1.2.9 I bumped in to this problem. The problem
is that I use LC_ALL=sv_SE when drawing rrdtool grahps, to get the
weekday names in swedish. This worked super in 1.2.8. But in 1.2.9 I
have problems with åäö. These characters are displayed as "Enc-err"
something. I've found someone else who has this
problem but with the german? locale, he describes his problem here:
http://forums.cacti.net/post-33220.html . I know he uses cacti. But for
the record I don't use cacti, so the problem lies in how rrdtool is
using the mbstowcs function I think. Im using a gentoo system if that
might help? Any input would be truley appreciated.

--
Best Regards

  David J Andersson                    E-post: david.andersson at port80.se
  Port80 AB, Box 92059                          Tel: +46 (0)8 5000 30 01
  SE 120 06 STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN                   GSM: +46 (0)704 53 92 41