[rrd-users] Re: RRDTool cygwin build question

Franz Haeuslschmid lukrez at gmx.at
Mon Jun 13 13:12:31 MEST 2005

John Biederstedt writes:

> Hi,

[...]

As a general rule, use precompiled libraries that are available
from cygwin.  If it is not an officially supported library, you
may take a look at <URL:http://cygwin-ports.sourceforge.net/>.
The package zlib for instance is available in version 1.2.2.

I know, "I have the same problem"-posts are unfavored.  Maybe
here it helps, what I have to write.

> Also, I get the following when running make for rrdtool:
> rrd_gfx.c:12:20: warning: anonymous variadic macros were introduced in
> C99
> rrd_gfx.c:645:39: warning: ISO C99 requires rest arguments to be used
> rrd_gfx.c:650:50: warning: ISO C99 requires rest arguments to be used
> rrd_gfx.c: In function `gfx_render_svg':
> rrd_gfx.c:1413: error: parse error before "PACKAGE_VERSION"
> rrd_gfx.c: In function `eps_prologue':
> rrd_gfx.c:1581: error: parse error before "PACKAGE_VERSION"
> rrd_gfx.c: In function `pdf_setup_document':
> rrd_gfx.c:2269: error: parse error before "PACKAGE_VERSION"
> make[2]: *** [rrd_gfx.lo] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/rrdbuild/rrdtool-1.2.9/src'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/rrdbuild/rrdtool-1.2.9'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> This is on the latest (as of 6/1/05) cygwin.  Are these two related?  Am
> I missing something obvious?

I have that problem not on cygwin, I guess it is related to the
version of gcc that is used.  For me, `gcc --version' shows

  $ gcc --version
  gcc (GCC) 3.3.3 (cygwin special)

Anyway, the other system I'm forced to use rrdtool runs under an
older linux with preinstalled gcc 3.2.2.  There, I get quite the
same error message and have no idea to circumvent it.

Franz.