[rrd-users] Cannot put values other than simple integer using Orca

Vial, Sylvain Sylvain.Vial-1 at ou.edu
Tue Jun 21 00:00:08 MEST 2005

Hi all,

I'm actually using Orca in order to generate a set of graphs from simple
txt files where I store the values I have to put into rrdatabases.
But I'm not able to put values other than simple integer. Why? In the
rrdupdate web page I can see a real value put in a database
(http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/doc/rrdupdate.en.htm
l).
I obtain the following error from orca which returns the error from
RRDTool : cannot put data starting at Fri May 27 23:56:50 2005
(1117256210) into "path.file.rdd" : not a simple integer: "2.433"

In fact, I want to put directly values in bytes/s and packets/s in
rrdatabases. Is it possible or I have to make calculus in a script for
example ?

Thanks for your help.
Sylvain VIAL.