[rrd-users] Re: BUG: start=-6m vs. start=-180d

Hakan Lindholm hakan at staff.spray.se
Mon Mar 14 05:03:37 MET 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005, Per Jessen wrote:
> Per Jessen wrote:
>
>>> Hi,
>>> I've just this morning come across the following:
>>> 1) running rrdtool graph with "--start=-6m" produces :
>>> SANITY CHECK: 4294965856 rows cannot be reduced by 1440 BUG in reduce_data()
>>> 2) running rrdtool graph with anywhere from "--start=-180d" to "--start=-190d" works fine.
>>> I have a copy of the database if that helps.
>>
>> Is this list not the right place to report bugs such as this?
>
> Hi list,
>
> I am thoroughly puzzled that no-one has been able to tell me where to report bugs - do I
> just email Tobias directly?

Always read the manual first.

rrdgraph manual refers to rrdfetch which states:

"Out of context (i.e. right after the + or - sign) the meaning of m is
guessed from the number it directly follows. Currently, if the number
absolute value is below 6 it is assumed that m means months, otherwise it
is treated as minutes. (e.g., -6m == -6 minutes, while +5m == +5 months) "

http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/manual/rrdgraph.html
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/manual/rrdfetch.html

/H