[rrd-users] Re: STACK problem with AREA graph

David Lloyd dl1236 at hotmail.com
Fri May 6 13:48:08 MEST 2005

> > I'm assuming you can use STACK on the first thing to be drawn, and it
>will
> > stack the data over the x-axis, so that you don't have to make a special
> > case for the first area.
>
>As a quick workaround: draw a line at zero.  You say stacking a line
>works, thus you could start by doing this.  The next element, even if
>it is an AREA, will be stacked on this line.  "LINE1:0" will already do.

Thanks.

The line at zero is how I would have done it on previous versions of rrd.

It's not totally clear from the manual but I interpreted the idea of
changing STACK to an argument of AREA was so that you wouldn't have to make
a special case for the first item in a stack.

If the behaviour is not supposed tobe be this way segfaulting rather that
giving some kind of error message can't be good.

Cheers,
David