[rrd-users] How can I store array values in RRD?

Uwe Geissler ugeissler at amadeus.net
Tue May 10 18:19:06 MEST 2005

Hi List,

I am in the process of evaluating RRD.

A lot of my data comes as an array, i.e. the same type of data over and
over again:

   we have defined different workloads on our production systems and
   measure the resource usage of these workloads. These workloads are
   changing quite often so it would be handy to store them in an array
   format: one record for each workload per point in time.
   Network interface cards, disks, ...

As far as I am aware RRD does not support this - is there a good way to
handle this requirement? Or would I have to add new workloads to both the
rrd database and the graph definitions?

All of the examples I came across did store the values for array-like
sources in different DSs.

Thanks for your help.
Uwe