[rrd-users] Re: rrdtool 1.2.8 is out

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed May 18 08:16:01 MEST 2005

On Mon, 16 May 2005, Tobias Oetiker wrote:

> It seems that there are many broken python setups out there ...
> this did not bond well with the fact that configure died with an
> error when it found out ... :-)
>
> The 1.2.8 release features a new and working configure switch:
>
>   --disable-python
>
> and if configure figures out on its own that python does not work,
> it will just not compile the extention without making a fuss about
> it.
>
>   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/pub

On Linux x86_64 the rrdtoolmodule.so is installed in:

	/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/rrdtoolmodule.so

instead of:

	/usr/lib64/python2.3/site-packages/rrdtoolmodule.so

I think the correct way to deduct the location for binary modules in
python is:

	sysconfig.get_python_lib(1)

instead of

	sysconfig.get_python_lib()

PS1 Is rrdtool 1.2 a drop-in replacement for the 1.0.x ? Considered stable ?
PS2 Are there any plans to add the PHP bindings to the 1.2 series ?

Thanks in advance,