[rrd-users] Re: Getting RRDTool To Compile on Solaris 8

Kennedy Clark hkclark at gmail.com
Sat May 21 13:34:53 MEST 2005

On 5/21/05, Tobias Oetiker <oetiker at ee.ethz.ch> wrote:
> remove all things iconv from configure.
>
> perl -i~ -p -e "s/iconf/xxxxxxx/g" configure

Hi Tobi,
Thanks you very much.  I was able to get past the iconv problem using:
 export LDFLAGS="-L$BUILD_DIR/lb/lib -R/usr/local/lib"
 ./configure --prefix=$INSTALL_DIR

But now I'm stuck because it won't build the RRDTool shared libraries:
>configure: WARNING:
>I would not find the Compiler (gcc -B/usr/ccs/bin/) that was
originally used to compile your
>perl binary. You should either make sure that this compiler is
available on your
>system, or use a different perl setup that was compiled with gcc.
>
>I will disable the compilation of the RRDs perl module.

Any ideas on how I can make that work?
Thanks,
Kennedy