[rrd-users] Re: 14all and rrdtool 1.2

Serge Maandag serge.maandag at staff.zeelandnet.nl
Thu May 26 14:47:18 MEST 2005

> set up 14all, and found it doesn't generate any graphs. When
> logging the
> rrdtool calls, I see rrdtool throws the error "unknown option
> '--alt-y-mrtg'". Since the script doesn't appear to have been updated
> for a while, I presume that the options in rrdtool 1.2 have moved on a
> bit.

alt-y-mrtg was dropped in 1.2, but Tobias put it back in as a placebo
option
in 1.2.7:

* add --alt-y-mrtg as a placebo option for old front-ends who use
  this. It gets silently ignored.

Alternatively you can strip the alt-y-mrtg from 14all.cgi.
mrtg-rrd.cgi is a replacement option for 14all, but I don't know
whether it uses the alt-y-mrtg option.

Serge.