[rrd-users] Re: multiple yaxis

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Mon May 30 10:14:40 MEST 2005

On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 08:35:41AM +0200, Tom Rogie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Im trying to put some data from a weatherstation into a graph. I would
> want to have the windspeed (in knots) and winddirection (in degrees from
>   north) in the same graph.
> For example: windspeed from 0-30 knots on the left yaxis and as an area
> on the graph. the winddirection (0-360) on the right axis as a line on
> the graph.
>
> Can I get those multiple yaxis in rrdtool?

You cannot currently get two axes in rrdtool, however you can
make the plot and write a description in the graph.

Suggestion: create a fixed Y-axis 0,9,18,27,36 which describes
both {windspeed in knots} and {wind direction divided by ten}.

If that's not good enough, you'll have to program it yourself
or overlay two images (one transparent).

HTH
Alex