[rrd-users] dump/restore

D. Walsh info at daleenterprise.com
Thu Nov 3 03:09:38 MET 2005

In my attempt to upgrade my rrdtool based apps I've run into a snafu
regarding dump/restore.

Original version is 1.0.49, new is 1.2.11.

from reading the man pages and the rrdtool documentation, it appears
that you are required to dump the old rrd files using the older
rrdtools binary and restore using the newer rrdtool binary however,
when I attempt to do so, it fails with the following error.
ERROR: Can only restore version >= 2 (Not 0001). Dump your old data
using a current rrdtool dump.

Does this mean that the newer rrdtool will properly export the data
from the older files???

-- Dale