[rrd-users] Upgrade RRDtool 1.0.49 -> latest

Simone Felici s.felici at alpikom.it
Mon Nov 14 10:28:18 MET 2005

Hello to all!

I've 3958 rrdfiles created with RRDtool 1.0.49. I would like to upgrade
to the lastest version.
All rrd files and rrd graphs are created with custo cgi.
If I upgrade to the latest version are problems with existing rrd-files
(rrd_version = "0001")?
Cron scripts are updating every 5 minutes thousend of files. I would not
to upgrade to the latest version and then see all files with problems
caused by a differend rrd-version.

All files are updated with 'rrdtool update file N:variables' command.

Additionally, hope the old 'rrdtool graph' syntax is still valid.
I would like to use new rrdtool options (like VDEF) but after upgrade,
the existing graph scripts must work until new one are created.

Could someone confirm me I can upgrade without any problems?

Thank's a lot!

Simon