[rrd-users] Re: Plot a dotted line

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Tue Nov 22 16:19:51 MET 2005

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 04:03:51PM +0100, Simone Morandini wrote:

> >"TIME,3600,one,*,/,2,%" should result in either 0 or 1.
> >
> As you say, it should, but it doesn't: I tryed

rrd_rpncalc.c:
           case OP_MOD:
                stackunderflow(1);
                rpnstack -> s[stptr-1]= fmod(   rpnstack -> s[stptr-1]
                                                ,rpnstack -> s[stptr]);
                stptr--;
                break;

man fmod:
       The  fmod()  function computes the remainder of dividing x by y.
       The return value is x - n * y, where n is the quotient of x / y,
       rounded towards zero to an integer.

So indeed you end up with a float.  Sorry for the confusion.  This seems to
be intended behaviour.  Only "y" is rounded to an integer, not the result.

> So, comparing this result with a number between 0 and 2 determines the
> length of the segments in the line.

Which is probably a nice feature in itself :)

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/