[rrd-users] overriding start/end time on DEF

Davis, Jeffrey Jeff.Davis at savvis.net
Wed Nov 23 06:21:41 MET 2005

According to the rrdtool graph documentation:

DEF:<vname>=<rrdfile>:<ds-name>:<CF>[:step=<step>][:start=<time>][:end=<
time>][:reduce=<CF>]

I'm not having any luck overriding the start and end times by specifying
them on the DEF line.  It's as though it's ignoring the time reference
completely.  (Although I know it's reading them because if you put in a
bogus time reference, the parser will error out.)

Example:
DEF:ds0weekly=router.rrd:ds0:AVERAGE:start=end-1h

I'm using the RRDs perl module.  Does the override capability work?
Anyone know why the time specification would appear to be ignored?  What
am I doing wrong?

A newbie,
JD