[rrd-users] Re: overriding start/end time on DEF

Davis, Jeffrey Jeff.Davis at savvis.net
Mon Nov 28 00:10:54 MET 2005

The start/end times on the DEF statement are ignored if they're outside
of the time range specified at the top level (rrdtool graph).  And since
the time range defaults to one day ago until now, any time window
specified on the DEF statement prior to one day ago is ignored.

So I think the lesson is that if you use the overrides on the DEF
statement, you still need to specify the time range at the global level.