[rrd-users] Re: RRDTOOL questions

Serge Maandag serge.maandag at staff.zeelandnet.nl
Wed Nov 30 22:07:38 MET 2005

> rrdtool update router1.rrd N:$IN:$OUT

> Now, when I pull up the graph in my browser, I get a single
> blue line that runs across the bottom of the graph which
> tells me it's at zero. This isn't correct as I know there is
> traffic going over these links.

First try a "rrdtool dump" to see the data in the rrd database is really
0.
Then add an "echo `date+%s` $IN $OUT >> /tmp/rrdinput.log" to your
script.
Check the logfile to see if you are putting sane numbers in your rrd
database.
And use full pathnames for your executables (rrdtool, snmpget) in your
script.

Serge.