[rrd-users] Re: --width affects results?

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Tue Oct 4 01:26:31 MEST 2005

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 07:17:00PM -0400, Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy wrote:

> Note that the only thing different above is --width. Is this a feature or
> a bug? :-) Sorry, I didn't have time to research this further, just
> thought someone on the list might know right away.

Different graph size results in different consolidation
Different amount of NaN (unknowns) may be present
Start and/or end times will be different due to consolidation

I'm sure a thourough analysis would explain the differences.
For research, see footer.

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/