[rrd-users] Y-axis values in CDEF?

Frederik Teerlinck largowww at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 09:42:00 MEST 2005

I'm making an RRDgraph and I'd like to have a stacked area from a fixed
amount of pixels (in fact I have an invisible area with a fixed
size stack area on top wich gives me a kind of figure with blocks).
The problem is that I'm using the same script for different kind of
RRDs and the range of the values is of a completely different
 magnitude. Now as far as I know you can't give a fixed amount of
pixels, only a fixed value, but of course if I have a fixed size of
eg. 10, the size of the blocks will be totally different in a graph with
 values around 1000 compared to a graph with values around 10. So then my idea
was to use the min and max values of the Y axis and use this in a CDEF or VDEF
 calculation (maxY-minY/50 will result in the same size for any kind
 of RRD). A long explanation to finally come to my question: is it
possible to use the min and max Y axis values in a CDEF? and if so, how?