[rrd-users] Re: Looking for precompiled rrdtool for Solaris

Watkins, K (Kobe) Kobe.Watkins at rabobank.com
Mon Oct 10 02:04:50 MEST 2005

I had the same problem but managed to solve it with some Makefile
editing...

The changes I made in "./rrdtool-1.2.11/bindings/perl-shared/Makefile"
were:

* Changed all occurances of "cc" to "gcc" (variables CC and LD, but LD
is defined twice)
* Changed the CCCDLFLAGS variable to "-fPIC"
* Removed the "-O" from the OPTIMIZE variable so it was blank

>From memory, they're the only changes I made.

Regards,
Kobe

James M Deeke wrote:

> Hi,
>         I have been working on getting the rrd tool installed on my
> Opteron (WS2100) for the past week.  The problem was originally the
> /usr/ucb/cc not being able to get the /usr/ccs/bin/ucb... file.  Well,
> installed the SunStudio 10 demo and now have all of the compilers I
need.
>         Now the "make" fails when it tries to build the RRDs.pm.
> (perl-shared)   I am now at a stand-still and don't know what to do
next.
> I've tried every option suggested in the rrdbuild documentation.
>
>         Does anyone have any ideas as to what may be causing this?
The
> tool will install still, but the perl piece does not work.   (can't
create
> dynamic charts)
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Jim.

This email, including any attachments, may be confidential or privileged, and is sent for the personal attention of the intended recipient.  If you have received this email in error, please delete it immediately .  The views expressed are not necessarily those of the Rabobank Group.  The Group is not liable for the effects of any virus which may be contained in this email.

If this e-Mail contains marketing material and you do not wish to receive such material by e-Mail in future, please reply to this e-Mail and place the words "Remove My Details - Electronic Messages" in the Subject Header.

The Rabobank Group
Australia: 1800 025 484
New Zealand: 0800 500 933