[rrd-users] Cannot see .png files

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Mon Sep 5 15:54:14 MEST 2005

I guess this is an apache issue,
but I am trying to follow the tutorial <http://www.taedium.com//rrd-iptraf/>,
and have copied the given file tcp_services.rcgi
to /var/www/cgi-bin/ on my desktop machine running httpd (apache).

When I go to this location with firefox on my laptop,
the require .png files are created in /var/www/cgi-bin
(on my desktop),
but all I get on the web-page are little triangles.

When I copy the .png files to /var/www/html/ I can see them perfectly well.

Do I need to add something to /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf on my desktop?
And if so what?

Or should I modify tcp_services.rcgi to write to another place?
And if so, how?

Any and all suggestions gratefully received.

To clarify matters, a portion of tcp_services.rcgi runs as follows:
<RRD::GRAPH tcp_services-22-6hr.png --lazy
        -s -6h5min -e -5min
        -v 'Bits per second'
        DEF:in=/var/log/iptraf/tcp_services.rrd:22_in:AVERAGE
        DEF:out=/var/log/iptraf/tcp_services.rrd:22_out:AVERAGE
        CDEF:out_bits=out,8,*
        CDEF:in_bits=in,8,*
        AREA:in_bits#00FF00
        LINE1:out_bits#0000FF>