[rrd-users] Re: Problem compiling RRDs perl module under Solaris 9

nobody cot39070-forumaccount at fh-regensburg.de
Mon Sep 12 17:39:21 MEST 2005

Hi all,

i have done what everybody out there suggested me. I have now installed
a new Perl Version which i have compiled with the gcc compiler.
Now the rrdtool works fine, BUT now i have another problem.

Bevor i began to compile the rrdtool, i had to modifiy the "symbolic
Perl link"
From:
/usr/bin/perl --> ../perl5/5.6.1/bin/perl
To:
/usr/bin/perl --> /soft/perl-5.8.7/bin/perl

After that the rddtool works fine, but my older Skripts (that import
other Perl Modules) does not run anymore.
If i change the symbolic link bank to ../perl5/5.6.1/bin/perl, the other
skripts run, but the rrdtool is no longer useable.

So my Question is, how i can fix this problem? Is there a possibility to
compile the rrdtool without changeing the "symbolic Perl link"?

Thanks again

-Tom-