[rrd-users] increasing time resolution

Leif Neland leif at neland.dk
Tue Sep 13 11:19:26 MEST 2005

I want to take measurements (temperature, gauge) every 60 seconds instead of
every 300 seconds.

I created the rrd with 300 seconds step, but I already run rrdtool update
every 60 seconds.

I tried rrdtool resize to add more points, then I dumped the rrd, edited 300
seconds step to 60 and imported it.

But the data is not interpolated, merely re-labeled, so the timescale is
compressed 5 times.

Any way of keeping the existing data, but enhanching time-resolution on new
data?

Leif

believed to be clean.