[rrd-users] time zone issue

Geoff Thornley geoff at nyondata.com
Tue Sep 27 22:10:00 MEST 2005

I have a time zone problem with RRD.
I understand that RRD uses UTC standard time for recording events/samples
etc.
If I understand this correctly, it means that the recorded time (using the
time() function) for anything will be the same, whether in Japan, US, UK,
wherever on the planet, at the same point in time (allowing for minor
individual clock time differences possible, of course).

The source of my recorded data is in Geneva, Switzerland. However, my
portal, where I record this data is in San Jose, California, USA (it could
also be anywhere else in the world).
When I graph this data via RRDtool it always has the US West coast time
associated with it.
How can I change this to my local time on the graphs that RRDtool produces?
I may be missing something, but I cannot find a way other than fooling
RRDtool into accepting false times, and graphing from those false times.

Geoff.