[rrd-users] Possible RRDs.pm Bug

Tom Daly tom at dyndns.com
Thu Sep 29 17:15:12 MEST 2005

Hi,
Has anyone has problems when trying to use GPRINTs with RRDs.pm? Tobi's
docs indicate that "GPRINT:vname:format" is the corrent syntax for a
GPRINT. My code currently passes:

push @args, 'AREA:in' . $target->{col1} . ':Inbound Traffic',
push @args, 'GPRINT:in:AVERAGE:%.1lf%s';

which works, however, I get the average value in my legend, rather than
the current value for the AREA. Chaging these arguements to:

push @args, 'AREA:in' . $target->{col1} . ':Inbound Traffic',
push @args, 'GPRINT:%.1lf%s';

which is per the documentation yields the error:

Error: RRDs::graph failed, Cannot parse CF in 'GPRINT:in:%.1lf%s'

RRDtool info:

$:/home/htdocs/stats/htdocs/mrtg$ rrdtool -v
RRDtool 1.2.10  Copyright 1997-2005 by Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch>
                Compiled Wed Aug 31 08:48:41 CDT 2005

$:/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/mach$ cat RRDs.pm | grep VERSION

$VERSION=1.2010;

Any ideas?

Regards,
Tom Daly