[rrd-users] Re: Installing rrdtools for CentOS

hkclark at gmail.com hkclark at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 00:13:28 MEST 2006

On 3/31/06, Chris Peikert <c.peikert at co.matagorda.tx.us> wrote:
> Has anyone here installed rrdtools on CentOS or Red hat before? If so can I
> get some help?

Hi Chris,

I have done if a number of time, both by compiling it and using rpms.
You can add Dag's repo (http://dag.wieers.com/packages/rrdtool/) and
then just do a "yum install rrdtool", but I think the latest version
is in test mode.  I did one last week on CentOS 4.3 and just compiled
it (after doing a "yum install" for the libraries it needs).  Tobi has
good directions at
http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/doc/rrdbuild.en.html
(if I recall correctly, I was able to yum install all the dependency
libs, so I was able to just do down through "Ok, this was very
optimistic..." and I was done.

Feel free to email me if you get stuck.

Kennedy