[rrd-users] Re: How to draw a sum over a time range?

Joerg Maschtaler mali at blackbase.de
Mon Apr 10 18:35:56 MEST 2006

Hello Alex,

Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote on 10.04.2006 14:09:
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 10:57:13AM +0200, Joerg Maschtaler wrote:
>
>> I want to draw a graph with the sum of collected data for each month
>> over a year but i don't know how.
>
> This sounds like a job for another type of program.

Sorry for my bad english, i still learn.

Maybe the following description of what i want is better to understand:
(sorry in advance if i do not use the right terms or phrases)

I collect one value per day and i want a graphical overview of the sum
of daily collected values for each month of the current year.

And my question was if it is possible to create such a
picture/graph/graphical overview with rrdtool based on my created rrd.

> which will need to be adjusted by rrdtool because you don't live
> in Iceland

Right, but my copy of rrdtool does.
(Just a joke).

> You need a drawing program, not rrdtool.

Thanks for the hint.