[rrd-users] Adding two RRDs

Ronan Mullally ronan at iol.ie
Tue Apr 18 12:22:28 MEST 2006

<saga>
I've got two routers, each with 3 upstream links (3 providers with links
to each router).  I'm trying to persuade cacti to plot a graph which shows
traffic to/from the 3 providers plus the total.

Doing it for one router at a time is easy, plot the 3 providers as a
stack. The combined "provider" view is tricker - I need to plot (link A +
link B) for each provider, then stack them.  I've been unable to make
cacti do this without brute-forceing it by building a set of custom
CDEFs.
</saga>

Are there any utilities out there that'll take two RRDs, each with the
same set of DSs and add them together to form a third RRD?  This would
remove the need to persuade cacti to do anything fancy.

-Ronan