[rrd-users] Re: rrdtool fetch with computed resolution

Sven Ubik ubik at cesnet.cz
Fri Aug 4 10:15:56 MEST 2006

Hi Alex,

I am not sure about your question. Are you asking why I want to fetch data
with arbitrary time resolutions?

It is interesting to see dynamics of network characteristics in different
timescales. RRD file can store statistics in only a limited set of time
resolutions, which are fixed and cannot be changed later. Why not to
compute statistics over different time resolutions than those directly
stored in RRD files?

Regards,

Sven