[rrd-users] Re: rrdtool fetch with computed resolution

Sven Ubik ubik at cesnet.cz
Fri Aug 4 12:03:37 MEST 2006

> Note that if you configure rrd to keep lots of hires values AS WELL
> AS lower res values for the SAME TIME PERIODE, then there will be
> no performance impact, only a huge disk space requirement.

If I keep averages say over 10 and 30 seconds:

RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:10:360
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:30:240

and request averages over 60 seconds:

rrdtool fetch file.rrd AVERAGE -r 60 ...

Will rrdtool use 10 second or 30 second samples to compute 60 second
samples?

What if requested resolution is not a multiple of stored resolutions?

I am asking in order to determine how much samples of each resolution
should I store to cover the whole period in which I want to have some
lowres average computable.

Regards,

Sven