[rrd-users] Re: rrdtool without accurate time

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Fri Dec 1 02:58:31 MET 2006

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 02:30:40PM -0800, Joel Lindsay wrote:

[snip: no accurate time]

> For the graph though, I would like my x-axis to show the last hour, day or
> week but with relative times instead of absolute time, since the absolute
> times stored in the database are not right anyway.  At present, my labels
> show the absolute time, and shift the gridlines to correspond.

> Is this possible?  Can anyone give me some tips to do this right?  Can I use
> relative time for my graph labels?

I don't think you can, at least not without hacking the source code.
Currently I don't have 1.0 source code around, but assuming this part
hasn't changed much, you'd have to look in rrd_graph.c function
vertical_grid , look for strftime (end of the function).

Is there no way, at all, for you to get accurate time?
Perhaps add a chip to your computer that keeps time, or perhaps
using a time server on the internet?

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/