[rrd-users] Re: Changing Average value in SRG.conf to MAX

Edgar Humberto Parra ehp at daycohost.com
Thu Dec 7 16:46:41 MET 2006

Hi guys, I was wondering the following:

I have almost a year worth of data in my RRD files, and my manager asked
me, if I can change the value of the graphic value of RRA from AVERAGE
to MAX, what are the consequences of doing this?

I am using RRDTOOL with an application called Spectrum Report Gateway

Do I have to modify only the value of RRD:AVERAGE:0:5:288:797 to
RRD:MAX:0:5:288:797 in SRG.conf file and that's it? Or are there other
considerations to take care of? What will it happen to my rrd files
containing 1 year of data?

Regards to all..

Edgar H Parra B
MCSE, Spectrum Solutions Engineer
Systems Architect
DaycoHost - Operaciones
Oficina: + 58 212 999 91 00
Fax: + 58 212 999 91 01
WebSite: www.DaycoHost.com

"Experiments should be reproducible. They should all fail in the same
way"

...El Primer Data Center de VENEZUELA ...