[rrd-users] Re: Missing data entries

Dan Amitai Dan.Amitai at Zoran.com
Sun Dec 31 09:47:37 MET 2006

Hi Alex

Thanks for your help. I've resolved it by doing (in my Perl script):
$time = $time - $time % 1800
(or the appropriate interval instead of 1800)

This always gets rid of the time diff, and produces the exact desired
timestamp.
So far no rejects.

Thanks again,
Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: rrd-users-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch
[mailto:rrd-users-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch] On Behalf Of Alex van den
Bogaerdt
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 5:39 PM
To: rrd-users at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [rrd-users] Re: Missing data entries

On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 05:15:36PM +0200, Dan Amitai wrote:

> The heartbeat matches the update time frames.
> What tolerance does RRDtool have for offsets? (in the example you can
> see that both examples have an offset of +2 seconds, yet one is
> accepted, and the other is not.)
> Can I tune the tolerance?

Please create a small script, generating a small database, doing a small
number of updates and fetching the results.

Use specific timestamps, thus like
   rrdtool update x.rrd 1167320120:1
not
   rrdtool update x.rrd N:1

Make it so that it displays the problem you think you have, without
complicating the matter with irrelevant additions.

Show what you get as output (so that we can verify we get the same
output) and describe why you think this is wrong.

I should be able to run the script, get half a screen full of lines
as a result, and compare it to what you write in your mail, side by
side.

I'm sure that will help to steer you to the right manual page.

Please note: I said "fetch", not "dump" or "xport".

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/