[rrd-users] Some hints about UNKNOWN value

Stefano Cislaghi s.cislaghi at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 09:56:34 MET 2006

Hi all,

so I need maybe some hings... my problem is this:

I have to measure timing of a webserver response.

So i put in my rrd database the data. Time is between 0.000 and 9.999.

My needed is to print graph with time performance, and this is simple,
min/max/avg value, and this is also simple, but i need to count how
many meausure failed and maybe sign them on my graph (maybe with a
single vertical line with a different color).

How can I do it?

RRD db was created with:

rrdtool create mydb.rrd --start now --step 60 \
DS:time:GAUGE:120:0:10 \
RRA:MAX:0.01:1:2880

Any ideas?

Thanks