[rrd-users] Re: Bug in 1.2.12

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Thu Feb 9 08:56:19 MET 2006

Today Fabien Wernli wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 08:25:22PM +0100, Peter Gritsch wrote:
> > reproduce the infamous "*** attempt to put segment in horiz list
> > twice" with version 1.2.12.
>
> I remember seeing that warning in a piece of software which has nothing to
> do with rrdtool.

Hi Fabien,

the warning comes from libart. libart is quite picky about the data
it gets for drawing ... in rrdtool 1.2.12 I *thought* I had it all
figured out. This new case may be in rrdtool or it may be an
interaction with the c-code peter uses ... to be continued ...

in any event I am going to move rrdtool to the new cairo library
for the 1.3.x release ... this should proove more stable ...

cheers
tobi

> --

/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETL F24.2, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich
 / // _ \/ _ \/ /  System Manager, Time Lord, Coder, Designer, Coach
/_/ \.__/_.__/_/   http://people.ee.ethz.ch/oetiker +41(0)44-632-5286